Yellowing of the teeth causes and treatment
Yellowing of the teeth is one of the dental problems that every person faces and we must understand that human teeth cannot be naturally white. The color of the eyes, skin, hair, and teeth is determined at birth and should be taken for granted.
|Yellow teeth causes and treatment from the first day
However, if you find yourself yellowing on your teeth that was not there before, then you should start to worry.
Studies have shown that people with beautiful white teeth are more likely to be successful at work and socializing. Advertisements and recent media show a growing desire for shiny white teeth.
The cause of yellowing teeth despite cleaning
|Yellowing of the teeth
Causes of yellowing of the teeth Yellowing of the teeth is a common complaint among dental patients. Not everyone is lucky with a white smile, because enamel by nature can have a yellowish tint. This is not a disease and indicates aesthetic defects that cause some psychological discomfort.
The main causes of yellow teeth There are three main causes of yellowing of the teeth: external factors, internal factors and aging factors.
If the cause is different for each person, the actions to take will naturally be different. First, let's take a look at each reason.
External factors: foods, beverages, tobacco, etc. such as:
- Yellowing of the teeth occurs as a result of eating foods that are high in sugar, and sugar is a favorable environment for the development of bacteria. Metabolic products erode tooth enamel. The surface layer of enamel becomes thinner and more transparent, which leads to the appearance of dentin, which has a natural yellow tint.
- The more sugary foods you eat, the faster your teeth will darken. There are many different types of bacteria that live in the mouth. Active carbohydrates are absorbed from our food and released acid. The enamel is eroded by this acid, after which it becomes thinner, and dentin (the yellow base of the tooth) begins to shine through.
- Food colourings. Excessive consumption of drinks that contain fixed food colourings. These include: coffee, black tea, cola, brightly colored sweet water and a number of foods that contain food colors that stain the enamel of our teeth. Their pigments penetrate the fine pores of the tooth enamel, staining it in dark colors. Excessive consumption of foods containing food coloring will give your teeth a permanent brown colour.
- Smoking The components of tobacco smoke build up in the enamel of the teeth and cause darkening of the teeth. The existing toothpastes for smokers are not effective enough, and professional teeth whitening restores the beauty of the smile.
- Poor oral care Improper oral hygiene can contribute to yellowing of the teeth. The factors of this phenomenon can be reducing the amount of daily dental care, replacing the toothbrush with chewing gum, unsuitable toothpaste, etc.
- The color of the teeth is affected by the color of the dentin within the enamel that covers the surface of the teeth. The strength of the color of ivory varies from person to person, but its color is "yellow". The color of the teeth varies from person to person because the thickness of the enamel and the color of the dentin varies from person to person.
- In general, as you get older, your teeth gradually turn yellow. This is because the translucent enamel covering the surface of the tooth gradually wears down and becomes thinner with age, while the dentin inside the tooth gradually thickens. The inevitable reason for the appearance of yellow spots on the teeth is age.
|The cause of yellowing teeth
- As the enamel layer becomes thinner, the yellowish dentin under it begins to appear. This is why the teeth of an 80-year-old man appear much darker than the teeth of a 20-year-old man.
- The aging process affects the whole body, including the teeth. Even if you do not smoke, do not drink drinks and products containing coloring elements, with age the enamel will still be thinner and turn yellow.
- If the tooth turns yellow, and not the entire tooth, then you should immediately consult a dentist, as this may be the first sign of a serious dental disease. Without examination, it is almost impossible to determine the cause of the darkening of the tooth. Tooth decay, poor quality crowns, and natural pollutants can all cause similar effects.
- Often there is such a thing as dark teeth in a child. In most cases, you do not need to worry about this, because the teeth of infant formula still have time to change. But we highly recommend that you don't let your child's dental problems run their course, as this can have a very negative impact on the formation of permanent teeth.
- We often take tetracycline antibiotics for acne, eye conditions, or ear diseases. However, if you take this antibiotic for a long time, your teeth will turn brown or show black streaks.
- Tetracycline, an antibiotic taken in mycoplasma pneumonia, may cause yellowing of the teeth when taken by children until the time their permanent teeth are growing in. If your teeth changed symmetrically, you may have taken tetracycline antibiotics as a child. In this case, there are different treatments depending on the symptoms and purpose, so it is recommended to consult a dentist once.
- Heredity is also a factor such as hereditary yellowing of the teeth. If the husband and wife naturally have yellow teeth in the family, there is a chance that their child will also have yellow teeth. True, if the baby's milk teeth are yellow, you should not be upset, they will change and, possibly, change their color.
Types of yellowing of the teeth
Treatment of yellowing of the teeth and tartar
|Teeth yellowing treatment
yellow teeth in children
|yellow teeth in children
Treatment of yellowing teeth in children
Get rid of yellow teeth permanently
How to treat yellow teeth medically
- the patient does not pay enough attention to daily oral hygiene;
- The patient does not agree to reduce exposure to dyes from food and drink or to quit smoking;
- Enamel discoloration due to tooth fracture, tooth decay, some systemic disease, or age-related tooth thinning.
- To correct such cases, dentists recommend the use of micro-prostheses with veneers or lumineers.
- In cases where tooth discoloration is caused by dental disease, intra-canal filtering can be applied. For this procedure, special pastes are used that are placed in the cavity created by the dentist in the tooth. The lotion is closed with a temporary filler until the ivory is lightened to the desired shade. After the desired result is achieved, the tooth is restored with a photographic filling.
Medicines and rinses that cause yellowing of the teeth
|Medicines and rinses that cause yellowing of the teeth
Natural way to remove yellowing of teeth
|Natural way to remove yellowing of teeth
How to clean the yellowing of the teeth with food?
Tips to get rid of yellow teeth
Contraindications to teeth whitening for yellow teeth
- Allergy to the components of the drug.
- significantly thinning the enamel, cracks on its surface;
- The presence of teeth with caries.
- Non-carious and erosive lesions, due to which whitening will lead to increased sensitivity of the teeth;
- Diseases of the gums and oral mucosa.
- prosthetics or crowns in the smile area;
- Receding gums and exposure to the roots of the teeth.